Posts in Community

guruji lives here

Guruji lives here

In Celebration Of Sri K Pattabhi Jois’ 100th Birthday The film is called “Guruji Lives Here.” This title was chosen because, as was so apparent from all the footage that was received, it is clear that his teachings have been carried throughout the world and live within Ashtangi’s everywhere – even within practitioners who never… Read more »

Petra in Supta Kurmasana 800

What is Yoga? Choosing the best yoga outfit

What is Yoga? Choosing the best yoga outfit One of the things I love most about teaching Yoga is the privilege of dealing with people when they are ‘stripped down’ to their yoga gear; when they are in a position to be able to let go of the role they occupy in their day to day life,… Read more »

water lilly

Yoga – what keeps you inspired?

In my 25th year of regular yoga practice I have been reflecting on what it is that still get’s me on to the yoga mat daily. The beginning of the year is when we take stock, aiming to let go of habits which don’t serve us, and taking on or refreshing others, which will help… Read more »

Screenshot 2014-10-15 16.24.04

The Connection

The Connection is a documentary that comes out tomorrow featuring world leading experts in mind body medicine and remarkable stories of recovery. It proves we all have more to say about our health than we ever thought possible. Check out the trailer! For a 50% store wide discount code, enter NORTHSYDYOGA at the checkout. The… Read more »

puja & graduation ceremony NSY

Puja & Graduation of New Teachers – 4 October 4 pm

Come celebrate with us! Three years of intense and committed practice and study has led yet again three outstanding students to become yoga teachers. We will be celebrating their efforts with a Puja held by Rami Sivan. This beautiful ritual will bless all of us and our space, and will be followed by some lovely… Read more »

angelika-wide

Finding Stillness

For weeks you have borne patient witness to my daily descriptions about the updating and creating of our new website. The process of this creation has certainly pushed some buttons in me. The aesthetics were of great importance, as was/is the emphasis on immediacy, with the paring back of text to provide optimum but succinct… Read more »

yogiwedding2

A North Sydney Yoga Wedding!

I received these beautiful photographs from Fiona and Simon, who met and fell in love at North Sydney Yoga. They recently got married at Byron Bay. We wish them all the joy and happiness for the future!